Saturday, June 19, 2010

blah

It's official, I'm a grown-up. And I'm not very good at it. My life is kids, cleaning, and cooking which encompasses a LOT of different jobs. This maturity sucks! I have been having a bad day/week/month and what used to make everything better didn't work this time.....getting outside and seeing the beauty of our world. It has always worked for me before. This time I thought we'd go check out Snow Canyon, since I haven't ever really been there. Yes, it's pretty, blah blah cliffs, blah sand, blah blah blah. It just didn't do it for me! Instead I was sitting on a bench feeding Mckenna and feeling even worse about life. What is wrong with me? Is it knowing now that I can't just escape this life I've gotten sucked into?

Anyway, I guess the moments I live for are when Mckenna smiles at me or when the kids say something purely and innocently hilarious! When all the kids are asleep, house is quiet and I get to relax and watch a funny show with Tyler. So I might as well say goodbye to the old hippie inside me and embrace adulthood!

2 comments:

Alecia said...

oh , monica. i love that you are human. i've often wondered to myself how you do it with such a great attitude all the time. i always tell andrew that i wish i could be like you, content. i thought something was wrong with me since i am constantly wanting more out of life. i can't deal with the thought of "settling down" and being a domesticated mom for the rest of my life. its so not me. i don't feel like i am grown up! its so crazy. i think as soon as you can, you should go have a weekend away, all by yourself. or with friends. you deserve it so much. you should go to yosemite or something! but then it might make you miss having freedom. i don't know. sorry i don't have very good advice for this. i just wanted to let you know that i have these same feelings and i only have ONE kid. i am glad you wrote this though. makes me feel normal!

Misty said...

Awww you said exactly how I feel about motherhood I just was never able to put it into words. I've always wanted to do something crazy like Alexander Supertramp in "Into the Wild." Just abandon society and go be a bum and do what I want when I feel like it. Except he died alone in a bus in the middle of Alaska. That part wouldn't be fun :)