Saturday, March 5, 2011

Failure is not an option

I have had to do some major soul searching about the kind of mom I want to be. I have been feeling like a complete failure in many ways. I know/hope that many moms feel this way now and then. Motherhood I know is the most important job I will ever have, and it's not something I can quit or search for other employment just because I am disgruntled. There is no way to fire an employee (or child) who is not performing their duties. There is no vacation time, sick days, lunch break, or closing time. I am on the job 24/7 and it is up to me to keep the business from failing. No pressure! ;) So, I am wanting some advice or maybe some comic relief about motherhood. Spanking? Grounding? Taking toys away? Time outs? What works? The biggest issues in my household are homework and taking care of personal property (not destroying, vandalizing, misplacing, and/or leaving for Mckenna to chew up) Any ideas or tried and true plans of attack?

Now that employee #5 is on his/her way it is vital that things get more organized, peaceful, and in general livable! :) Hopefully I can get this business of raising kids in ship shape condition!

2 comments:

Alecia said...

you are seriously the best mom i know of ! you are so patient and calm and your house stays clean! be proud of yourself. you will never fail. 5 kids sounds frightening but seriously, if anyone can do it, you can! hang in there and pat yourself on the back (cheesy i know), but you need to realize what a great job you are doing!! :) know that there are people like me always looking up to you (yeah no pressure there either!) (sorry i have no advice. infact, i would ask you for the advice here!)

Greg and Mel said...

I agree with Alecia, you are my role model!!! You are amazing and your house IS always clean!!! Love you!!! You are awesome!