Friday, January 7, 2011

It's about time I updated this blog!!
















Obviously I have not posted in forever since there is still halloween wallpaper....halloween was great this year. So was Thanksgiving. And it was the best Christmas as an adult so far! We had an awesome time with the Schwendiman's on New Year's Eve. Now that it's a new year, I have made some promises to myself. First, I am completely of soda! Yes, I was addicted to anything diet in a cola flavor. It has been an entire week and I have not had one sip! Yeah! Now the other promise I made has been harder to keep. I am going to get healthy and fit. (I hate to say I'm going to lose weight cuz that's what a million people say for New years) I am not going to focus on the scale (hard to do since I got a new one that actually works for Christmas) but instead I'm going to focus on how I feel.
This stems from lots of things that have happened this last year. I was sick A LOT. I have felt sick to my stomach almost every night. I had gestational diabetes which puts me at risk for type 2 diabetes. And my knee that I have always had issues with has finally quit on me. I even went to an orthopeadic doctor and he diagnosed me with patellofemoral malalignment or something like that. It basically means my knee caps are not in right since birth, so any strain (like an extra 25 lbs) and exersize causes them to freeze and I can't walk for a few weeks. Luckily, I don't need surgery, but the doctor put it nicely that I need to exersize my leg muscles. (it was pretty embarassing seeing all the layers of fat on the x-ray.)
So there you have it. A new year full of eating right, exersizing, and staying positive. Wish me luck!










1 comment:

john + becky said...

How did you do a week without diet soda?! That is impressive. I am addicted to diet soda.

Your kids are all so cute and growing up fast! Glad you posted!