Thursday, April 28, 2011

Much needed thank yous......

First of all, I need to update on Tyson. After we had a round of the stomach flu, he admitted that his stomach felt different when he is actually sick, and that all the other stomach aches were just anxiety. Poor kid has been worried so much about getting sick, that he won't eat. So we are doing our best to reassure him he will not get sick every time he eats. He tells us now when he's worried, and that he knows that he's really not sick. It's a relief, but we are still hoping he will find that eating isn't so bad! :)

Now that that's cleared up, we have to express our thanks to the many people who helped us with the move. We honestly, especially me, could not have done it without the angels that stepped in and worked. We have the best family, from my parents who took the 3 older kids for 2 days, to my sister and her family who drove down from Cedar City to help, and to the surprise of 4 awesome cousins who showed up and completely cleared out the big stuff in a matter of minutes! Wow! And we have the best friends who took time out of their busy holiday weekend to come help clean, etc. I seriously was in tears when I came back to the house after Mckenna's nap to find that our wonderful neighbor had not only brought some boxes, but packed the remainder of my kitchen stuff and then scrubbed the stove spotless. The feeling of dread I had realizing I still had to go back and finish the cleaning was lightened when I pulled up to the house and found a dear friend waiting for me who then scrubbed both bathtubs and cleaned out bathroom drawers. It was truly amazing!

After feeling at ease about the move, I was then getting stressed about how I was going to find the energy to go grocery shopping to have food for Easter weekend, and another prayer was answered. Our close friends we've had since we lived in Tucson after cleaning my kitchen invited us to dinner on Easter Sunday which was DELICIOUS since we had been eating burgers and fries for about a week. After the feast we were given groceries from their food storage which got us through the next day so I didn't have to do any shopping until Tuesday! Seriously, it was so sweet!!

Then when we thought we had been blessed enough, Tyler's saint of an aunt and uncle brought us dinner. We are so excited to live a little closer to them now!

We are settling in nicely to our cozy little townhome. I am finding it easier to keep clean and the new carpet makes me want to vacuum...I know, it's a miracle! :)

So thanks for all the help, support, and answers to prayers!

No comments: